Direct Support Professional – Residential
Help Others to ASPIRE HIGHER!
USA Job Vacancy
When a group of families came together in 1957 to find services for their children with developmental disabilities, ACLD was born. Today, we are a leading not-for-profit agency employing 1200+ staff and providing over 70 program sites in Nassau and Suffolk. ACLD assists children, teens and adults in reaching the highest level of independence with the freedom to ASPIRE HIGHER in their hopes, dreams and accomplishments. We are currently seeking a few exceptional people who have a passion to create a meaningful impact in the lives of the amazing people we support.
We have great opportunities for positive, motivated individuals to work in a residential setting assisting adults diagnosed with intellectual/developmental disabilities in becoming self-sufficient and self-actualized. Get in on the ground floor and train for an entry level career in the healthcare/education field!
In this position, you will:
- Help residents achieve/exceed their personal goals
- Provide structure and emotional support
- Assist in resolving behavioral issues
- Help people supported with personal hygiene needs
- Complete detailed, accurate documentation
- Transport program participants to and from medical appointments and recreation activities using Agency vehicles
- Clean, valid NYS Driver’s license
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some experience working with the intellectually and developmentally disabled population preferred; but will train. Cooking and light housekeeping may be required.
- Must obtain and maintain AMAP (within six months of hire) and SCIP certifications
- Prior experience as Caregiver, Care Assistant, Personal Assistant, Resident Assistant, Direct Care Worker, Nursing Assistant, Home Care Aide or Companion is a plus
ACLD has over 35 locations throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties. We have day, afternoon, evening and overnight shifts available including weekend only shifts.
ACLD was awarded National Accreditation by The Council on Quality and Leadership (CQL).