New Zealand Job Vacancy – Healthcare Assistant
We have a great opportunity available for an energetic, proactive and professional Healthcare Assistant to join our supportive and close-knit team. This is a Permanent Part Time position, working 18 hours per week, 3 days a week between Monday to Friday and from 3pm to 8.30pm. Based in our inpatient orthopaedic ward at Mercy Hospital in Epsom.
As a Healthcare Assistant, you’ll assist our RNs with a variety of tasks and responsibilities; carrying out patient cares, including attending to dietary needs, assisting with mobilisation and transportation, management of equipment, making up patient files, supporting room setup and other tasks as required.
We’re seeking candidates with:
- Previous experience in a similar role within a hospital/healthcare setting
- A level 4 Healthcare Assistant Certificate (highly desirable)
- Physical fitness – the role involves movement and transportation of patients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills
- A commitment to delivering outstanding customer service and patient care, alongside nursing staff
- A positive, can-do attitude
In return, we offer you:
- Competitive remuneration
- Free car parking
- Christmas and New year close-down
- And so many other employee benefits – check these out on our Careers site
Wondering what it’s like to work at MercyAscot Hospitals? Have a look at what our current employees have to say.
If you meet the above requirements, are flexible with shift options and enjoy a busy team environment – this may be the opportunity for you! Click APPLY to submit your application.
Please note, this position is a Core Children’s Worker under the VCA and will require a Worker Safety Check, including police vetting.